[Kde-pim] Reminder: BugDays for Kmail on 18/19 and 25/26 August - please join the fun!

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Sat Aug 18 09:54:39 UTC 2012

Hi Laurent,

On Sat, Aug 18, 2012 at 11:45 AM, laurent Montel <montel at kde.org> wrote:
> Le samedi 18 août 2012 11:28:40 Myriam Schweingruber a écrit :
>> Hi Laurent,
>>
>> On Sat, Aug 18, 2012 at 11:18 AM, laurent Montel <montel at kde.org> wrote:
>> > Heu... Myriam
>> > I don't understand why you close all kmail1 as unmaintained ?
>> >
>> > I thought that you will look at if it's reproductable on kmail2 and
>> > migrate to kmail2 or close it.
>>
>> That is exactly what we are doing right now, the only thing I closed
>> are the wishes. I don't think it is useful to keep the wishlist open
>> as nobody will implement this in kmail1. But of course, if you think
>> this needs to be reopend then please feel free to do so.
>
> wishes is a "bug" for me if it's not implemented in kmail1 it can implement in
> kmail 2 no ?
>
> nobody will implement in kmail1 but can implemented in kmail2
> I implement some kmail1 wishes..

Well, then reassign all those wishes to Kmail2. Seriously, you are not
making triaging easier. What on earth is wrong in asking the users
politely to reopen the wish in kmail2 if it is not yet implemented
there? I see nothing wrong in asking the users do a minimum of work
here, but if you thing that everything needs to be done by triagers,
you are seriously overestimating our capacity. We simply can't do this
and you as apparently the only Kmail developer should know this very
well.

So please, if you really want us triagers to help, give us some slack,
because what we are doing here is the work that should have been done
by the Kmail developers in the last 4 years. Thanks for motivating us
to do the dirty work for you...

Myriam
http://www.fsfe.org