Fwd: Beta Testing KDE-Telepathy

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Wed Apr 11 10:27:41 UTC 2012

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Anne-Marie Mahfouf <annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr>
Date: Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 10:33
Subject: Re: Beta Testing KDE-Telepathy
To: David Edmundson <david at davidedmundson.co.uk>, kde-testing at kde.org

Hi,

Telepathy is a collection of several components, how are they all
connected? (It does not seem very easy to build them from git, I can't
even find telepathy-qt4package for my OpenSuse 11.4... so I now
understand your comments about people having broken installations). We
need enough testers with the whole thing installed correctly: do you
think this is realistic?

For a mini-scaled-test on Telepathy we need:
- setup starting date -> have an IRC open week-end to get people started.
- make tarballs available to packagers and notify them so they can
package it for their distro, 3 or 4 days before
- prepare a wiki page explaining what the testing consist of: propose
very informal testing and propose as well more structured testing.
should the testing be separated into components?

Devels work before the test phase:
=> update wikis
- update http://community.kde.org/Real-Time_Communication_and_Collaboration/Packaging_Guide
for packagers so they can make their packages from the tarball
- have a techbase page explaining how to build from the tarballs for
testers without distro packages
- is there a Userbase page to explain how the various components work?
we need a page for users that testers would read before testing so
they know what each component is supposed to do. As well as the
corresponding bugzilla product.

Anne-Marie

http://www.fsfe.org