Telepathy KDE maintainership

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 19:01:01 UTC 2017

On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 1:53 PM, James Daniel Smith <smithjd15 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Sunday, January 29, 2017 11:00:38 PM MST Aleix Pol wrote:
> > Hi James,
> > Do all these messages mean that you'll take over KDE Telepathy
> > maintainrship as Martin suggested?
> >
> > I'd say that Telepathy KDE needs more than just refactoring on the
> > presence code.
> >
> > Aleix
>
> I was hoping to get the Presence stuff worked out and avoid the
> maintainership, actually. I don't know if a freeze on git commits until
> a maintainer is found is sensible, but there is also still some opposition
> by
> Martin as to what the Presence portion of KTp currently up for review on
> ReviewBoard doesn't just do away with completely.

My opposition is that you're pushing for highly complicated architecture
that is hard to understand and it complicates simple things incredibly.
There *will* be bugs (you yourself have updated the RRs so many times
already) and there will be *nobody* to look after those bugs and solve them.

I don't want to introduce unnecessary complexity into code that nobody
will maintain. That would just be irresponsible.

Cheers
--
Martin Klapetek