telepathy-qt-service library fix link errors or make shared?

Diane Trout diane at ghic.org
Sat Jan 16 05:22:43 UTC 2016

On Saturday, January 16, 2016 02:26:22 AM Alexandr Akulich wrote:
> Hi.
>
> How do you pass the -fPIC option? Does the patch fix the problem if we
> change CMAKE_SHARED_LIBRARY_C_FLAGS to CMAKE_SHARED_LIBRARY_CXX_FLAGS?

if you grep for fPIC in /usr/share/cmake-* it looks like like -fPIC is mostly
set for several versions of :
  set(CMAKE_C_COMPILE_OPTIONS_PIC "-fPIC")
  set(CMAKE_SHARED_LIBRARY_C_FLAGS "-fPIC")

Though it bothers me to used a variable named SHARED_LIBRARY to build a static
library, although SHARED_LIBRARY looks like its set more often than
C_COMPILE_OPTIONS.

Diane