telepathy-qt-service library fix link errors or make shared?

Daniele E. Domenichelli ddomenichelli at drdanz.it
Mon Jan 18 12:52:20 UTC 2016

Hello,

On 16/01/2016 06:22, Diane Trout wrote:
>> How do you pass the -fPIC option? Does the patch fix the problem if we
>> change CMAKE_SHARED_LIBRARY_C_FLAGS to CMAKE_SHARED_LIBRARY_CXX_FLAGS?
>
> if you grep for fPIC in /usr/share/cmake-* it looks like like -fPIC is mostly
> set for several versions of :
>   set(CMAKE_C_COMPILE_OPTIONS_PIC "-fPIC")
>   set(CMAKE_SHARED_LIBRARY_C_FLAGS "-fPIC")

I don't know what is the cmake minimum required version for telepathy-qt
at the moment, but if you use the CMAKE_POSITION_INDEPENDENT_CODE[1]
variable (CMake 2.8.10 or later) or set the POSITION_INDEPENDENT_CODE[2]
(CMake 2.8.9 or later) property on the target, cmake will automatically
enable -fPIC on the compilers that support it.

Cheers,
 Daniele

[1]https://cmake.org/cmake/help/git-master/variable/CMAKE_POSITION_INDEPENDENT_CODE.html
[2]https://cmake.org/cmake/help/git-master/prop_tgt/POSITION_INDEPENDENT_CODE.html