telepathy-qt-service library fix link errors or make shared?

Alexandr Akulich akulichalexander at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 21:26:22 UTC 2016

Hi.

How do you pass the -fPIC option? Does the patch fix the problem if we
change CMAKE_SHARED_LIBRARY_C_FLAGS to CMAKE_SHARED_LIBRARY_CXX_FLAGS?

I would like to take (push to fd.o) the patch, which fixes fPIC, but
we need to have a proper review and more fix confirmation.

Still, probably it's a time to make telepathy-qt-service to be a shared library.
What's about pushing the two commits to the freedesktop.org repository
(https://github.com/TelepathyQt/telepathy-qt/commit/5eeddedd04c9a4d18c92b4eb5aa494d7abc9a1d5,
https://github.com/TelepathyQt/telepathy-qt/commit/2ff93cd0c0b73e2fc07d9ecbc115460224a1cbd1)?
Sure, I would take care on so versions.

I would like to include this into 0.9.7 release.