KTp as part of Plasma? (was: Re: Port complete \o/ )

Vishesh Handa me at vhanda.in
Tue Feb 3 14:43:29 UTC 2015

On Tue, Feb 3, 2015 at 12:51 AM, Aleix Pol <aleixpol at kde.org> wrote:

> - KDE Telepathy is more of a service than an application. It's, by
> definition, the integration of a system service (Telepathy) into the
> Plasma shell.

This.

This is the main reason why KTp being part of the applications release is
strange.

Perhaps it would make sense to define what KTp is trying to be? There was a
vision discussed here [1]. I'm pasting it over here -

> The first question that was important for us was "Which users do we want
to focus on?".
> We decided that we want to focus on Plasma users. We do not shut out
users of other
> desktop environments or operating systems, but we clearly focus on
integrating
> well with Plasma and provide the best experience for Plasma users.

Also, we have been promoting kde-applications as stuff which we want ported
on windows and osx. KTp does not seem to fit that bill.

[1] https://dot.kde.org/2014/04/29/kde-telepathy-sprint

--
Vishesh Handa