API improvement suggestions

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at kde.org
Mon Aug 24 18:38:20 UTC 2015

Hi all,

As you might have noticed, KPeople is being used in yet another
'read-only' client.

The things that I think would be beneficial to add (I might have
missed something) to the API of PersonData:

1. presence method that returns enum Online/... (what is the current
QString presence() const; meant to return? it returns empty strings
for me)

2. unread message count (either per-account, or just a sum, or just a
notification that there are unread messages from that person)

3. (not that important) default contact action - chat if online, mail if offline

If needed, I can write use-cases as well.

Cheerio,
Ivan

--
While you were hanging yourself on someone else's words
Dying to believe in what you heard