Crash in plasma shell due to bad connection manager

Diane Trout diane at ghic.org
Tue Aug 4 05:38:34 UTC 2015

> I experienced a lot of crashes and craziness in KTp and Plasma during
> Morse development.
> It was too many different issues, so I didn't dive into that. After
> all, there is no crashes, if connection manager behaves well. :-)

If my reading of the security press is right, a crash can frequently be turned
into an exploit. Though maybe not in this case as it's code running as a user
crashing code running as that user. Though I suppose the connection manager is
talking to the network, and so shouldn't really be trusted.

However it was also annoying.

Diane