How to migrate to KAccounts

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Wed Nov 12 14:34:15 UTC 2014

On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 1:33 PM, Thomas Pfeiffer <thomas.pfeiffer at kde.org>
wrote:

> On Wednesday 12 November 2014 02:07:17 Aleix Pol wrote:
> > One question: how impossible would it be to import the current accounts?
> > Sounds radical to remove them, also considering how the logs will need to
> > be renamed (or?).
>
> About the logs: SHouldn't KPeople help to identify which log belongs to
> which
> person and the account via which it was logged shouldn't matter anyway?
> At least that's definitely what my vision for KPeople-based communication
> looks like. Who cares whether a chat happened via GTalk or KDETalk as long
> as
> it's with the same person?

Well yes. I don't know how it's implemented currently, but what we're after
is having the same conversation with the same account as a continuous,
rather than having a new conversation started over.

KPeople can help to identify that both accounts are the same person, but
not whether 2 accounts are the same account.

Aleix