How to migrate to KAccounts

Thomas Pfeiffer thomas.pfeiffer at kde.org
Wed Nov 12 18:05:22 UTC 2014

On Wednesday 12 November 2014 15:34:15 Aleix Pol wrote:

> Well yes. I don't know how it's implemented currently, but what we're after
> is having the same conversation with the same account as a continuous,
> rather than having a new conversation started over.
>
> KPeople can help to identify that both accounts are the same person, but
> not whether 2 accounts are the same account.

I see no problem in not being able to tell that GTalk (old) and GTalk
(KAccounts) are the same thing, as long as KPeople can detect that Aleix Pol
via GTalk (old) is the same person as Aleix Pol via GTalk (KAccounts) and
therefore merge those logs, along with those from Aleix Pol via KDETalk and
via whatever protocol.