Ch-ch-ch-ch-chaaaaaanges (important thread)

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Fri Sep 20 13:26:29 UTC 2013

KTp developers please read this thread:
http://www.mail-archive.com/telepathy@lists.freedesktop.org/msg06053.html

 - TpQt _needs_ porting and an API breaking release (TpQt 1.0?)
 - KTp will need a release on top of this.

This doesn't affect 0.7
I expect 0.8 to have a very short release cycle, in ~2-3 months,
fixing libkpeople. So this is probably 0.9 stuff.

This is sort of very good news. We can remove a load of obsolete
channels in TpQt \o/ and there's lots of upstream activity.

However, it does put our release schedule under pressure.

I'm not sure how much of the TpQt changes will mean we need to change
KTp code. Using the high level interfaces should be fine, where we use
the low level interfaces we may not be.

I will need some help with TpQt porting.

Plan is to create a branch, port the spec and see what breaks. We can
then slowly fix it.
It's also a good time to do Dario's farstream split. Further TpQt
discussions should happen on the main Tp ML.

David