KTp plasmoid repostiories

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at redhat.com
Thu Jan 3 09:12:37 UTC 2013

On Wednesday 02 of January 2013 20:51:07 David Edmundson wrote:
> OK.
>
> Realistically we can't move everything at once, it's several days of work.
> We can do final merging in one day.
>
> Proposed rollout plan.
>
>  - Freeze on master branches of contact-list-applet, chat-plasmoid and
> presence-applet
>
>  - Move all plugins into common-internals under branch move_plasma
>  - Remove all plugins from respective repositories under a branch
> move_plasma
>
> (we could then merge into master at this point.. but opinion seems to
> be to do this in one go)
>
>  - ktp-active can then be based upon this single declarative plugin.
>
>  - Merge chat-plasmoid into contact-list-applet under branch move_plasma
>  - Merge presence-applet into contact-list-applet  under branch move_plasma
>  - Remove from text-ui (in branch)
>
>  - Send sysadmin request to rename contact-list-applet
>  - Send sysadmin request to hide presence-applet (?)
>  - Merge everything.
>
>  - Get murdered by all our packagers.
>
> I personally want to get all my model_moving plan done before starting
> this. Otherwise we have too many jobs on the go at once.  Unless
> someone else would be interested in taking this on (Dan?)

Ok, I'll take care of it. None of the modules we are about to move has
model_refactor_2 branch, so there should be no problem.

If it's ok with everyone, I'll start on Friday and finish it over weekend (or
whenever the sysadmin requests are done).

> I think maybe it makes sense to do this at the same time as updating
> the contact-list-applet to the new models. Or does it?

I'll make model_refactor_2 branch in the ktp-desktop-applets repo once it's
set up and stuff is move_plasma is merged everywhere and port the applet to
the new models. Should not be that hard, right? :-)

Dan