KTp plasmoid repostiories

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Wed Jan 2 20:51:07 UTC 2013

OK.

Realistically we can't move everything at once, it's several days of work.
We can do final merging in one day.

Proposed rollout plan.

 - Freeze on master branches of contact-list-applet, chat-plasmoid and
presence-applet

 - Move all plugins into common-internals under branch move_plasma
 - Remove all plugins from respective repositories under a branch move_plasma

(we could then merge into master at this point.. but opinion seems to
be to do this in one go)

 - ktp-active can then be based upon this single declarative plugin.

 - Merge chat-plasmoid into contact-list-applet under branch move_plasma
 - Merge presence-applet into contact-list-applet  under branch move_plasma
 - Remove from text-ui (in branch)

 - Send sysadmin request to rename contact-list-applet
 - Send sysadmin request to hide presence-applet (?)
 - Merge everything.

 - Get murdered by all our packagers.

I personally want to get all my model_moving plan done before starting
this. Otherwise we have too many jobs on the go at once.  Unless
someone else would be interested in taking this on (Dan?)

I think maybe it makes sense to do this at the same time as updating
the contact-list-applet to the new models. Or does it?

Dave