Seperating mailing list traffic

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 13:51:48 UTC 2012

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 13:55, Martin Klapetek <martin.klapetek at gmail.com>wrote:

> Is anyone using GMail filtering+labels for ktp bugs? The current setup
> seems to not enable proper GMail filtering as the only way how to properly
> filter ktp bugzilla stuff would be to watch X-Bugzilla mail headers, but
> GMail does not allow that.
>
> Have anyone figured the filtering out? Currently it's a major step back
> for me as I get /lots/ of emails everyday, filtering and labeling allowed
> me to focus only on ktp bugs, now I have to look for them in the flood of
> other unfiltrable emails :/

After some research it turns out one cannot filter and label ktp bugzilla
messages in the current state, which leads to email mess and highly
decreased productivity. I've checked up with other KDE projects and they
all use real mailing lists for bugs (check [1] for -bugs), therefore the
obvious solution would be to create a 'kde-telepathy-bugs' mailing list.
The effect will be exactly the same - main mailing list staying clean of
bugzilla spam and as a bonus developers will have a better control over the
emails.

Thoughts?

Martin Klapetek | KDE Developer