Seperating mailing list traffic

Daniele E. Domenichelli daniele.domenichelli at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 14:30:30 UTC 2012

On 22/03/12 14:51, Martin Klapetek wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 13:55, Martin Klapetek<martin.klapetek at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Is anyone using GMail filtering+labels for ktp bugs? The current setup
>> seems to not enable proper GMail filtering as the only way how to properly
>> filter ktp bugzilla stuff would be to watch X-Bugzilla mail headers, but
>> GMail does not allow that.
>>
>> Have anyone figured the filtering out? Currently it's a major step back
>> for me as I get /lots/ of emails everyday, filtering and labeling allowed
>> me to focus only on ktp bugs, now I have to look for them in the flood of
>> other unfiltrable emails :/
>>

> After some research it turns out one cannot filter and label ktp bugzilla
> messages in the current state, which leads to email mess and highly
> decreased productivity. I've checked up with other KDE projects and they
> all use real mailing lists for bugs (check [1] for -bugs), therefore the
> obvious solution would be to create a 'kde-telepathy-bugs' mailing list.
> The effect will be exactly the same - main mailing list staying clean of
> bugzilla spam and as a bonus developers will have a better control over the
> emails.

Free non-opensource webmail interfaces suck, what were you expecting?
Just stop using them!

Anyway after a few minutes of research the best I can do is to filter
out using this filter "to:(<your email address>) You are watching the
assignee of the bug.", but this works only if you are following only the
kde-telepathy-bugs-null.

A good solution is that we request a -bugs mailing list and those who
have a normal email client can follow the bugzilla user, the others can
subscribe to the -bugs mailing list and receive the messages twice.

Daniele