KDE Telepathy and Kubuntu

Jonathan Riddell jriddell at ubuntu.com
Sat Mar 10 13:40:51 UTC 2012

On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 02:10:36PM +0100, Daniele E. Domenichelli wrote:
> Can you explain this a little better? Is support for telepathy hardcoded
> into message indicator?

Aurelien Gateau will know all about it and he's briefed d_ed but I
expect it's the telepathy backend which talks to the message indicator
plasmoid (or equivalent in Unity) and that'll have a rule to show an
app icon when it gets a notification from Telepathy.

> I just tried to run the message indicator plasmoid and our approver (on
> kubuntu 11.10 + kubuntu ppa + telepathy & telepathy-kde ppa) the
> approver still approves the messages and the message indicator gets
> nothing...

Yes this is my experience too

> Perhaps I don't understand how indicator works, but I thought that we
> could just patch the approver to use message indicator if this is
> available instead of showing notifications...

That might be another possibility yes, doing it in the ktp-approver rather than in the telepathy backend.  Aurelien Gateau will know all.

Jonathan