KDE Telepathy and Kubuntu

Daniele E. Domenichelli daniele.domenichelli at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 13:10:36 UTC 2012

On 09/03/12 18:29, David Edmundson wrote:
> Aureliean and I already looked at the message indicator support.
> There's a bit of an issue:
> (Jonathan sorry for the upcoming Telepathy buzzwords :) )
>   - The message indicator acts as an approver (for Empathy)
>   - However it's hardcoded to show the icon/name from Empathy when it's
> doing it's approver thing

Can you explain this a little better? Is support for telepathy hardcoded
into message indicator?
I just tried to run the message indicator plasmoid and our approver (on
kubuntu 11.10 + kubuntu ppa + telepathy & telepathy-kde ppa) the
approver still approves the messages and the message indicator gets
nothing...
Perhaps I don't understand how indicator works, but I thought that we
could just patch the approver to use message indicator if this is
available instead of showing notifications...

Daniele