Geona Sprint Notes

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Sat Jun 9 15:39:28 UTC 2012

We had a sprint/wedding combo in Genoa a few weeks ago, these are some
notes I made from it.

They probably don't make much sense to anyone, but I wanted to put them here.

Notifications:
Notifications are awful currently we emit one per account, which is
very messy when you suspend the laptop.

Short term:
 - If network error when connecting AND network manager says you're
offline, do nothing.
 - patch written by Dave, George K to test (as he doesnt' have NM)

Mid term:
 - put in presence plasmoid (fades between current state and warning
icon?, click shows latest errors (then discards))
 - kded will check if plasmoid is running, if so do nothing (and
plasmoid will do it)
 - otherwise send traditional notifications.

Long term:
 - plasma to not suck (Barcelona Sprint to plan this)

---

Chat UI emits lots of notifications if you miss two messages it's a
mess, and when you then activate the text-ui the notifications
persist.

  - on "pendingMessagesRemoved" should delete all notifications ALSO
when we ack messages

KNotify on MessageQueue?

QHash <messageId, KNotify*>? delete the correct ones.
update text on first notification? Will that screw up timeouts?

----

Presence Applet

Dave proposed fix to Martin's patch. Martin fixed it.
Its all now fixed.

----

Sprint in Randa?
Email sent to Randa sprint people.

----

Remind martin to remove comments about Genoa in his source code.