Models Moving Plan

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Sat Dec 29 12:42:41 UTC 2012

Update!

ContactsList now has grouping restored!

It behaves the same as before (toggling between accounts and groups)
but a flat version will now be incredibly trivial to add. (there's a
confirmed wishlist on this)

In theory we should be on par with the existing ContactsModel, but
this isn't quite the case.

Known bugs:
 - Missing numbers on GroupsModel showing how many people are available or not

 - Sometimes I get duplicate entries in my model. Which is seriously
bad..I think this is a bug in KTp::ContactManager or the list-model,
not the grouping. As I saw it there first.

 - I imagine drag + drop especially between groups is heavily broken.

 - Models need namespacing, and d-pointerirising

I want all these fixed _before_ merging.
If you are testing this, please let me know if it works, or if you
encounter any problems not listed here.

Dave