XEP-0080

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Sat Dec 15 16:06:00 UTC 2012

On Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 12:57 PM, Rainer Dorsch <ml at bokomoko.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am just wondering if kde-telepathy is able to display the location
> information of buddies (maybe with the help of marble)....If not, is anybody
> working on that?

It's not something we currently have.

Theoretically we have that information in telepathy[1]. Available from
Tp::Contact::locationInfo
So most the hard work has been done. AFAIK we need to add something to
TpQt to set this information for a user it is part of the backends.

It's not something on our immediate TODO list, as it's not a very
popular feature, but if you're interested in working on it let us
know.

There was some interest two summers ago by a Season of KDE student
interested in doing this, but I don't think anything actually got
made.

[1] http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/doc/telepathy-qt/a00260.html

David