XEP-0080

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Sat Dec 15 13:06:39 UTC 2012

On Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 12:57 PM, Rainer Dorsch <ml at bokomoko.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am just wondering if kde-telepathy is able to display the location
> information of buddies (maybe with the help of marble)....If not, is anybody
> working on that?

It's not something we currently have.

Theoretically we have that information in telepathy[1]. Available from
Tp::Contact::locationInfo, I think we need to add something to TpQt to
set this information on ourself, but it's part of the telepathy spec.

It's not something on our immediate TODO list, as it's not a very
popular feature, but if you're interested in working on it let us
know.

There was some interest two summers ago by a Season of KDE student
interested in doing this, but I don't think anything actually got
made.

[1] http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/doc/telepathy-qt/a00260.html

David