Hello Telepathy

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Mon Apr 2 11:31:04 UTC 2012

2012/4/2  <heiko.tietze at user-prompt.com>:
> Hello Telepathy,
>
> I read in Gkiagia's blog about the impressive steps that Telepathy makes -
> and that you may need some assistance in usability. So I want to offer my
> support.
> To introduce myself: I'm working as usability consultant for a small company
> with strong relationship to open source projects. I studied psychology, so
> don't ask me about design ;-). My focus is on GUI setup, user interaction,
> and user experience.
> I installed Telepathy on my system (ArchLinux) recently and was a little
> bit... confused. I guess a lot of work has been done since v0.3 and I should
> install a nightly build first. Or what do you think where to start?

Hi,

We take usability quite seriously in this project and do try and put a
lot of effort into it, any useful feedback is greatly appreciated.

As we're quite a young project the current master is quite a bit
different from 0.3, but that's mostly adding things rather than many
UI rewrites. Any comments you had for 0.3 are probably still valid
now. Certainly if you want to comment on the call-ui (from George's
blog) you would need an up-to-date build, but it can be a bit tricky
to get set up.

Dave