Plasmoid presence setting and displaying

Lukas 1lukas1 at gmail.com
Sun May 29 22:07:34 CEST 2011

>> The picture in the left displaying all information at once. If we locked
> the right hand side of that display out, that's a ridiculously simply solid
> solution. I like it a lot.

Thanks :)

> For 2) Global state is the one user has chosen on his free will in the
>> telepathy. If there is connection problems and all networks fails, just show
>> temporary "Connecting..." message.
>>
>> Last one chosen is technically difficult at the moment. We could do a
> "last one chosen in that particular application", though I'm still not 100%
> convinced by this. What if you set your global presence to online, then all
> your accounts went to away. That's just confusing. Based on your mockup, we
> could simply not bold-ify any of the global presences.

Who changes the status to away? If telepathy does than on screen saver, then
it changes global status to away, and than all accounts (excluding with
manually set status) goes away. or I missed your point?

Quick idea, if we only have 1 account we should remove the idea of global
> presence - as it makes no sense.

Yes, but it does no harm too :) we also can have "Add new account" button on
the bottom to open the wizard.

> Also with your current mockup, it fails (in exactly the same way) with the
> status message and avatar. What if you:
> a) wanted to set it differently per account
> b) had it already set differently per account.

Well, last line in the drop down list, next to each account, could be "*
Custom...*" or "Add custom status" button, so you can set that custom status
per account basis easily, if you really really want to :)

OR Account name could also be clickable, so it opens a dialog to set up
individual avatar + user name + status type + status message per account
settings.

But I doubt, that setting individual avatar + user name + status type +
status message is something that should be done directly in plasmoid.