Plasmoid presence setting and displaying

Krzysiek G goviczek at gmail.com
Sun May 29 23:02:59 CEST 2011

Hello, you probably don't know me. But let me share me my ideas:
>> Also with your current mockup, it fails (in exactly the same way) with the
>> status message and avatar. What if you:
>> a) wanted to set it differently per account
>> b) had it already set differently per account.
>

> Well, last line in the drop down list, next to each account, could be
> "Custom..." or "Add custom status" button, so you can set that custom status
> per account basis easily, if you really really want to :)
>
> OR Account name could also be clickable, so it opens a dialog to set up
> individual avatar + user name + status type + status message per account
> settings.
>
> But I doubt, that setting individual avatar + user name + status type +
> status message is something that should be done directly in plasmoid.

I think this is place where identities are needed. If you want to have
different status/avatar/message on some accounts they should belong to
different identities. In that case there are few solutions:
1. Each identity has their own presence plasmoid
2. All identities one by one in list
3 Switching current identity
It could be also correlation identities with activities to avoid
thousands and thousands identities (filter then by current activity).

Other solution i custom statuses e.g. status "online on foo and away on bar"

Both could be used at the same time

But this is for future, I think.

At the moment i'd suggest to forgot about use cases with different
avatars/messages per account or add option to disable account from
global identity

More ideas soon.  Maybe I could also help with coding later if id have
some free time