Plasmoid presence setting and displaying

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Sun May 29 21:49:41 CEST 2011

2011/5/29 Lukas <1lukas1 at gmail.com>

> http://bit.ly/lrDO8S <http://bit.ly/lrDO8S%20> possible solution to 1) and
> 3).
>
> The picture in the left displaying all information at once. If we locked
the right hand side of that display out, that's a ridiculously simply solid
solution. I like it a lot.

> For 2) Global state is the one user has chosen on his free will in the
> telepathy. If there is connection problems and all networks fails, just show
> temporary "Connecting..." message.
>
> Last one chosen is technically difficult at the moment. We could do a "last
one chosen in that particular application", though I'm still not 100%
convinced by this. What if you set your global presence to online, then all
your accounts went to away. That's just confusing. Based on your mockup, we
could simply not bold-ify any of the global presences.

Quick idea, if we only have 1 account we should remove the idea of global
presence - as it makes no sense.

Also with your current mockup, it fails (in exactly the same way) with the
status message and avatar. What if you:
a) wanted to set it differently per account
b) had it already set differently per account.