New contact list mockups

Francesco Nwokeka francesco.nwokeka at gmail.com
Sun May 29 15:27:42 CEST 2011

On Sunday 29 May 2011 14:54:30 Lukas wrote:
> Hi Francesco,
>
> Just to clarify:
> a) The presence and contacts MUST be a separate plasmoids?
Yes

> b) The it could be a unified plasmoid, but contacts is too much of overhead
> for first version?
No, I want to keep the two things seperate and break down jobs as much as possible.

> Just curious, as if I had to develop such contacts part/plasmoid for web
> application, it to get it done 90%, it would be less than 1-2 days with 300
> lines of code combined of CSS/JavaScript/and some server side scripting,
> all with use of frameworks.
I don't get your question.

> Is developing for plasma more difficult? Does
> telepathy make use of plasma data engines, or data should be fetched from
> daemon directly?
Telepathy doesn't make use of dataengines, but the plasmoids do.

The plasmoids for kde-telepathy are a project of mine for this year's google summer of code. So
development of these components will be passing through me.