Plasmoid presence setting and displaying

Lukas 1lukas1 at gmail.com
Sat May 28 00:56:37 CEST 2011

Hi Ben,

Yeah we found your idea (almost by accident, but still found). And it looks
really good :)

I'm sticking with two vertically separated parts, but that's mostly because
it makes it more consistent with other systray plasmoids (like network
manager). But it doesn't mean it's a must.

Anyone should be able to have edit access - http://bit.ly/lrDO8S

Can we assume considering having different statuses for individual accounts
(as well as problems with connecting to individual accounts) as an *
exceptions*? Basically it means this functionality must be, but not designed
(and placed) for average Joe.

As for icon-only view - the 80% of my contacts has they pictures attached to
at least one of the accounts. But for the remaining 20%, there should be way
to display names too.* How about showing only top 2-3 contacts expanded with
full names* (the remaining only with icons). I user filters by name, there
will be less than 2-4 accounts with the same name, so everyone will be
expanded :)

-----

*What if we added a "!" icon to the plasmoiod in the systray? If tha
plasmoid were to be used on the
desktop there would be no problem because the status i visible. But if it
were in a tray we could
have an icon called "kde-telepathy-warning" where we have a "!" to notify
the user that something's
wrong. What do you say?*

Or can we have icon color changed to red or rotating animation on top
(similar to one in notifications then we copy files)
Since it would be great message counter next to the icon, and "!" might take
that precious space.

P.S. Since telepathy is integrated in address book, does it mean, that we
could also send EMAILS form this plasmoid (treating email just as dummy IM
client or similar)?

P.P.S I found damn nice animation, that could be used on filtering contacts.
Take a look http://isotope.metafizzy.co/ <http://isotope.metafizzy.co/%20>

Lukas