Releasing KDE Telepathy In May

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Wed May 11 18:09:43 CEST 2011

Another one of my lengthy rambling emails. Sorry.

We had said earlier we'll aim to release mid-May. That's next week, however
we're clearly a bit behind. I'm trying to make sure we don't slip too much.

I've summarised the status of our outstanding bugs below, but it pretty much
comes down to:
- if you've worked on something please push it to a scratch repo when
possible so we can see progress/help work on it.
- If you're down to do something and it turns out your're busy for whatever
reason, let me know.

----

*270664: Group Support
*
I've seen this, and helped hack on it slightly. This is only a few hours
work away from publishing for review. Waiting on a bit of a tidy up from
Mck182

*270666: Problems with Removing non-jabber contacts
*
This is complex. I did some investigating, so far I've proved:
- our code works
- telepathy-butterfly works
- tp-qt4 works

Which is slighlty weird. It's possibly a case of empathy and tp-qt4 using a
different version of a spec so running different code on the CM? Need to
print debug on mission control whilst running the experiments then go
pestering the tp guys.

It's not a massive requirement for a first release. I'd be happy to release
with this bug still.

*270669: Simple Adium Theme
*
I've been too busy doing all the other stuff. This is under control though.

*270670: Hack together something that just about works  [the plasmoid]
*
I've not heard of any development on this, this is my biggest concern right
now.

*270671: Dolphin plugin to initiate file transfer
*
This was down as being done by Martin, however he seems to be busy with uni
work. I've made a quick start in my scratch repo
(kde:scratch/davidedmundson/telepathy-dolphin) it lists contacts, but with
no filtering. Probably about 3 evenings worth of work remaining.

*270672: Channelhandler daemon for file transfers
*
Dr Danz started this, hit some issues which means we'll only get working
support in Jabber. Also requires a change in TpQt4. We can't ship until this
change is merged into TpQt4 and they make a release. This is probably going
to be the biggest hold-up.

Could we try and make sure any work gets pushed to somewhere on kde git.

*270673: Support FileTransfer channel types  [ in approver]
*
I've not heard of any work on this. Probably waiting on the channelhandler.
I think it's pretty trivial though.

*270675: What to do about disconnecting when the contact list is closed
*
Dario is listed as the target guy for investigating this and working on the
plasmoid. I propose that we focus on the plasmoid, and ship without this
(unless someone happens to work on it in the meanwhile). Anyone disagree?

*Misc:
*
Shadeslayer is working on a new presence selection/dialog editing thing,
which looks really pretty cool. I'd like to have this in our first release.