D-Bus services names (KDE.XxxXxx vs telepathy_kde_xxx_xxx)

George Kiagiadakis kiagiadakis.george at gmail.com
Thu May 5 15:00:59 CEST 2011

On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 2:02 AM, Daniele E. Domenichelli
<daniele.domenichelli at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just a random thought looking ad last Martin's review request:
>
> main-widget.cpp:
>  63  #define PREFERRED_TEXTCHAT_HANDLER
>        "org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Client.KDE.TextUi"
>  64  #define PREFERRED_FILETRANSFER_HANDLER
>        "org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Client.KDE.FileTransfer"
>  65  #define PREFERRED_AUDIO_VIDEO_HANDLER
>        "org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Client.telepathy_kde_call_ui"
>
> This is ugly, I think we need a convention about Telepathy/D-Bus
> services names to keep some coherence.
>
> I like the "KDE" namespace therefore I suggest to rename the CallUi
> D-Bus service to:
>        "org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Client.KDE.CallUi"

We *do* have a convention, and the convention says that d-bus names
should be in the form o.f.T.C.KDE.FooBar, so yes, I completely agree
about using KDE.CallUi. I know I have to fix this; I also told Martin
when he asked me what is the current d-bus name of the call-ui. :)

Regards,
George