D-Bus services names (KDE.XxxXxx vs telepathy_kde_xxx_xxx)

Daniele E. Domenichelli daniele.domenichelli at gmail.com
Thu May 5 01:02:47 CEST 2011

Just a random thought looking ad last Martin's review request:

main-widget.cpp:
 63  #define PREFERRED_TEXTCHAT_HANDLER
        "org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Client.KDE.TextUi"
 64  #define PREFERRED_FILETRANSFER_HANDLER
        "org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Client.KDE.FileTransfer"
 65  #define PREFERRED_AUDIO_VIDEO_HANDLER
        "org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Client.telepathy_kde_call_ui"

This is ugly, I think we need a convention about Telepathy/D-Bus
services names to keep some coherence.

I like the "KDE" namespace therefore I suggest to rename the CallUi
D-Bus service to:
        "org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Client.KDE.CallUi"

Cheers,
 Daniele