D-Bus services names (KDE.XxxXxx vs telepathy_kde_xxx_xxx)

Daniele E. Domenichelli daniele.domenichelli at gmail.com
Thu May 5 16:07:12 CEST 2011

On 05/05/2011 03:00 PM, George Kiagiadakis wrote:
> We *do* have a convention, and the convention says that d-bus names
> should be in the form o.f.T.C.KDE.FooBar, so yes, I completely agree
> about using KDE.CallUi.

Always about the service name convention... I read some time ago some
blog post about versioning of the D-Bus services names (just googling I
found this [1], but I don't remember if it is the one I was thinking about)

What do you think about using the convention o.f.T.C.KDE.FooBar0 for the
preview release and then bumping the version number when it is required?
(for incompatible changes, etc)

Cheers
 Daniele

[1]http://0pointer.de/blog/projects/versioning-dbus.html