History import from Kopete

Daniele E. Domenichelli daniele.domenichelli at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 23:39:57 UTC 2011

On 30/12/11 00:24, David Edmundson wrote:
> There's been all sorts of discussion as to how it "should' be done,
> and it's not gone anywhere.
>   Some say "make the logger export to nepomuk as the backend"
>   Some say "make the logger export to akonadi as the backend"
>   Some say "write a nepomuk service that uses the logger front end to
> access logs and update nepomuk"
>   Some say "write our own logger that saves somewhere"
>   Some say "just use the frickin' logger interface directly and stop
> trying to overcomplicate everything" (current text-ui approach)

My opinion is at the moment "let's use directly telepathy components,
but let's offer the information through nepomuk to the other applications.
So about the logger my opinion is to keep using telepathy logger and
sometimes in the future to write some nepomuk plugin to import the
history into nepomuk (useful for search and for having the logs easily
available in non-KDE-Telepathy applications)

By the way at the moment this is also what I think about
"metacontacts"... I'd say let's use folks to aggregate them and let's
write a folks-nepomuk-service.

Daniele