[kde-solaris] g++ or sun compiler?

Stefan Teleman stefan.teleman at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 21:56:50 CET 2009

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 15:51, Paul Floyd <paulf at free.fr> wrote:

> I'm not sure that anyone has been trying to get WebKit to work with
> libCstd. Thiago Macieira did some work with SS12 and stlport4, which
> more or less corresponds to the list of issues in my previous post.

Yes, I have and it is a waste of time. The number of patches required
to make WebKit compile with Cstd is too high. These patches will never
be accepted upstream, because they do not address problems with WebKit
code, but limitations of Cstd. Guarding the patches with #if
defined(__SUNPRO_CC) creates some textbook examples of unmaintainable
and almost incomprehensible code.

QT4 will be integrated in Solaris with WebKit and linked with stdcxx.

Stefan Teleman
KDE e.V.
stefan.teleman at gmail.com