[kde-solaris] g++ or sun compiler?

Paul Floyd paulf at free.fr
Wed Dec 16 21:51:42 CET 2009

Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> On Wednesday 16 December 2009 04:19:00 am Pavel Heimlich, a.k.a. hajma wrote:
>
>>They must have outdated informations then. Webkit did not build with
>>plain SS12. SS12 with all available patches builds it fine, SS12U1 as
>>well.

> I think Qt's configure detects SS12 and disables webkit. That's because it's
> not so much the compiler as the Cstd that is causing problems in webkit. And
> *that* said, I know some trolls have put in serious effort to making webkit
> work with Cstd (gah!), so there are even more options.

For CC 5.0 to 5.8, WebKit, Concurrent and XmlPatterns are disabled.
For CC 5.9 (SS12), only WebKit and Concurrent.
For CC 5.10 (SS121), since the configure script hasn't been updated for
Solaris for about 6 months, it tries to build them.

I'm not sure that anyone has been trying to get WebKit to work with
libCstd. Thiago Macieira did some work with SS12 and stlport4, which
more or less corresponds to the list of issues in my previous post.

>>not sure about the examples, AFAIK we build without them

> True. There's some template matching magic in Qt concurrent that confuses SS12
> no end. I forget where though.

I think that it's one of the first examples that fails to compile. It's
a problem with automatic template type deduction. Given an explicit type
then it compiles OK.

examples/qtconcurrent/map

"main.cpp", line 70: Error, nomatchoverin: Could not find a match for
QtConcurrent::blockingMapped<QtConcurrent::OutputSequence,
QtConcurrent::InputSequence, QtConcurrent::MapFunctor>(QList<QImage>,
QImage(const QImage&)) needed in main(int, char**).
[this is with my own qmake.conf]

changing

     QList<QImage> thumbnails = QtConcurrent::blockingMapped(images, scale);

     QList<QImage> thumbnails =
QtConcurrent::blockingMapped<QList<QImage> >(images, scale);

and it compiles OK (and even runs).

A+
Paul
--