[kde-solaris] g++ or sun compiler?

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Wed Dec 16 09:24:42 CET 2009

On Wednesday 16 December 2009 04:19:00 am Pavel Heimlich, a.k.a. hajma wrote:
> They must have outdated informations then. Webkit did not build with
> plain SS12. SS12 with all available patches builds it fine, SS12U1 as
> well.

I think Qt's configure detects SS12 and disables webkit. That's because it's
not so much the compiler as the Cstd that is causing problems in webkit. And
*that* said, I know some trolls have put in serious effort to making webkit
work with Cstd (gah!), so there are even more options.

> > it's been some months since I tried Sun CC - it also failed to compile
> > the concurrent examples.
>
> not sure about the examples, AFAIK we build without them

True. There's some template matching magic in Qt concurrent that confuses SS12
no end. I forget where though.

[ade]