[kde-solaris] Kate, Kile and LaTeX

Gerard Henry ghenry at cmi.univ-mrs.fr
Tue Mar 11 10:46:33 CET 2008

Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> On Monday 10 March 2008 10:39, William Hunter wrote:
>> Noob question: I'm considering changing to Solaris 10 (PTC dropped support
>> for Pro/E on Linux), I've been a fairly long time Linux user and would like
>> to know if there are any plans (or perphaps rough estimates) of when above
>> mentioned apps will become available as binaries or 'easy' source compiles.
>
> For KDE 3.5.8, blastwave is the right source. Compiled with gcc, quite
> complete. Don't know if kile is included, but kile doesn't do anything really
> weird and should be a straightforward build.

from my experience, i'm unable to do kile working on solaris 10, with
blastwave or anything else. Even if compilation succeed, there are many
problems when trying to use it, but perhaps it's due to my login with
CDE instead of KDE?
I suggest you to use TexMaker (http://www.xm1math.net/texmaker/), best
choice in a SunRay environment. It needs a recent release of Qt, be
patient to compile it on a slow machine!
For Latex, we use TexLive or Tetex from Blastwave.

gerard