[kde-solaris] Kate, Kile and LaTeX

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Mon Mar 10 23:06:23 CET 2008

On Monday 10 March 2008 10:39, William Hunter wrote:
> Noob question: I'm considering changing to Solaris 10 (PTC dropped support
> for Pro/E on Linux), I've been a fairly long time Linux user and would like
> to know if there are any plans (or perphaps rough estimates) of when above
> mentioned apps will become available as binaries or 'easy' source compiles.

For KDE 3.5.8, blastwave is the right source. Compiled with gcc, quite
complete. Don't know if kile is included, but kile doesn't do anything really
weird and should be a straightforward build.

> I Googled a little bit for this question, but nothing concise and
> up-to-date surfaces.
>
> Or is it simply a matter of time before all KDE apps become available?

For KDE4, patience is the key, and/or building stuff out of svn and helping
with testing - drop by #kde-solaris on freenode after reading the techbase
article on kde on solaris.

[ade]