[kde-solaris] Integrating KDE into GDM on OpenSolaris 2008.05

Dave Price dave.price at aber.ac.uk
Mon Jun 30 17:02:14 CEST 2008

Dear Stefan,

stefan.teleman at gmail.com said:
> Two things to keep in mind:
> 1. We don't support building, or running, KDE4 on OpenSolaris 2008.05.
> You are certainly welcome to try doing so, but the results may be
> undefined.

I have had several goes at compiling KDE 4 variants
over the last few months with varying
degrees of failure :-)......

I do understand about you and the others
doing this as a volunteer effort....

I'll see what I find, and if I do find
any fixes/workarounds I'll email them in....

We are quite keen on getting (a newish version of) KDE working
on (some variant of) opensolaris on the machines on which
supply a unix service to our students here
in Computer Science.

stefan.teleman at gmail.com said:
> 2. GDM Configuration is explained in detail here:
> http://live.gnome.org/GDM/2.22/Configuration http://library.gnome.org/
> admin/gdm/stable/exampleconf.html.en

Thanks for that.  I'll see how I get on...

p.s.   If I find  minor typos in the techbase document,
where best do I report them to??

Dave Price