[kde-solaris] Integrating KDE into GDM on OpenSolaris 2008.05

Stefan Teleman stefan.teleman at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 17:08:10 CEST 2008

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 11:02 AM, Dave Price <dave.price at aber.ac.uk> wrote:

> I have had several goes at compiling KDE 4 variants
> over the last few months with varying
> degrees of failure :-)......
>
> I do understand about you and the others
> doing this as a volunteer effort....

It's not as much the volunteer aspect of this as it is (in reality)
one sticking point: OpenSolaris 2008.05 doesn't have ICU, and, so far,
we've had reports of ICU (which is checked-in at cvsdude) refusing to
build on 2008.05.

In contrast, S10U? and/or Nevada come with ICU installed out-of-the-box.

So, yes, this was a shameless plug for someone to try getting ICU to
build on 2008.05 with the new CBE 1.7.0. :-)

Stefan Teleman
KDE e.V.
teleman at kde.org