[kde-solaris] Advice/ambiguity re instructions on techbase

michael schuster Michael.Schuster at Sun.COM
Mon Jun 30 15:01:38 CEST 2008

Dave Price wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I am attempting to have a go at compiling KDE 4
> on a sparc based opensolaris (I'll probably
> have a go on X86 too).

nit: technically, there's no OpenSolaris for Sparc yet (I wish there was!)
:-) you're probably using a fairly recent build of Nevada.

> I am trying to follow the advice in the techbase
> web page, but I am either missing something ( or being stupid :-( )
> or there is perhaps an ambiguity....

yup.

> While I am waiting hoping for help, I am now
> downloading the KDE stuff using...
>
> svn co https://svn2.cvsdude.com/kdesolaris/trunk Dude

once you've done that, "cd Dude/KBE; ./kbe-install" and take it from there.

Michael
--
Michael Schuster     http://blogs.sun.com/recursion
Recursion, n.: see 'Recursion'