[kde-solaris] Advice/ambiguity re instructions on techbase

Dave Price dave.price at aber.ac.uk
Mon Jun 30 15:44:17 CEST 2008

Dear Michael and All,

Michael.Schuster at Sun.COM said:
> nit: technically, there's no OpenSolaris for Sparc yet (I wish there
> was!)  :-) you're probably using a fairly recent build of Nevada.

The naming is certainly "interesting".  You are correct
of course that on my sparc I am indeed
using "Solaris Express Community Edition" B91 that
I downloaded on 26/6/2008.

On the X86 boxes I am playing with, on one
I am using "OpenSolaris 2008.05" but
patched up to  B91 and on the other
I am using a straight x86 load
of "Solaris Express Community Edition" B91.

Michael.Schuster at Sun.COM said:
> once you've done that, "cd Dude/KBE; ./kbe-install" and take it from
> there.

o.k. Thanks.  I'll have a go....

I have also downloaded some X86 KDE stuff on the
OpenSolaris 2008.05 box and I have other   questions re that
but I'll raise another email so as not to confuse issues...

Thanks for your help.

Dave Price