[kde-solaris] Improve Startup-Speed for KDE!?

André Schneider Andre.Schneider at eas.iis.fraunhofer.de
Thu Jul 5 11:13:12 CEST 2007

Hi Michael,

michael schuster wrote:

> hmm ... this is an interesting statement - in my experience, once you
> know and use DTrace, a lot of issues can be resolved much more quickly
> then without

I'm interested in DTrace but I didn't used it before.

Please, could you give some hints. What I have to do?
The goal is to observe a certain KDE application.

- Are there any changes at OS level necessary?
  (reboot?)

- ... changes at application level ...?

- How can I start the observation process using DTrace?

- How can I see or postprocess the results?

Of course, I can read the manual pages. But I'm
interested in your experiences and a small example.  :)

Thanks a lot!
André