[kde-solaris] KBE 1.0.0 install problem with KBEenv

Lukas Oboril oboril.lukas at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 09:15:01 CET 2007

Hi Adriaan

On Dec 9, 2007 1:32 AM, Adriaan de Groot <groot at kde.org> wrote:
> On Sunday 09 December 2007, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> > On Sunday 09 December 2007, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> > > Installing package KBEenv
> > >
> > > The following files are already installed on the system and are being
> > > used by another package:
> > > * /opt/kdebld <attribute change only>
> > >
> > > * - conflict with a file which does not belong to any package.
> >
> > I notice now that three other packages don't install: KBEcoreutils KBEvim
> > KBEsed. This does not end the build, it seems.

Many thanks for this report ... Could send me the log which is created
during running kbe-install.

Which platform do you have ? Do you have latest copy from svn? Which
version of Solaris and Sun Studio do you use? Where is your Sun Studio
installed ?

It's quite interesting, because it didn't appear on my amd64 box

> These are three totally unrelated and different problems:
>
> KBEenv -> I had created /opt/kdebld by hand a while back, it was root:root and
> the error message is saying that it's trying to change to root:bin.
>

> KBEcoreutils, KBEsed -> mkinstalldirs was not being generated, which caused
> install to fail. Hacked the spec files to create it (calling mkdir -p, on the
> assumption that if it works on my SPARC, it's sufficiently old to work
> everywhere) if needed.

Can you send me a diff, I can fix it in svn. After this build and
install coreutils and sed  is OK ???

> KBEvim -> unknown build error, it works now.

what say log ???

--
Lukas 'Luc' Oboril
IRC nickname: luc^ at freenode

When dealing with people, let us remember we are not dealing with
creatures of logic. We are dealing with creatures of emotions,
creatures bristling with prejudices and motivated by pride and vanity.
  Dale Carnegie