[kde-solaris] KBE 1.0.0 install problem with KBEenv

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Sun Dec 9 01:32:20 CET 2007

On Sunday 09 December 2007, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> On Sunday 09 December 2007, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> > Installing package KBEenv
> >
> > The following files are already installed on the system and are being
> > used by another package:
> > * /opt/kdebld <attribute change only>
> >
> > * - conflict with a file which does not belong to any package.
>
> I notice now that three other packages don't install: KBEcoreutils KBEvim
> KBEsed. This does not end the build, it seems.

These are three totally unrelated and different problems:

KBEenv -> I had created /opt/kdebld by hand a while back, it was root:root and
the error message is saying that it's trying to change to root:bin.

KBEcoreutils, KBEsed -> mkinstalldirs was not being generated, which caused
install to fail. Hacked the spec files to create it (calling mkdir -p, on the
assumption that if it works on my SPARC, it's sufficiently old to work
everywhere) if needed.

KBEvim -> unknown build error, it works now.

--
These are your friends - Adem
    GPG: FEA2 A3FE Adriaan de Groot