[kde-solaris] KBE 1.0 - Build enviroment for KDE

Lukas Oboril oboril.lukas at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 15:14:36 CET 2007

> > Yes, KBE is only build system nothing more.
>
> Ah, ok! Then it's much clearer to me:
>
> 1) Install KBE so you have all the required build tools.
> 2) Install KDE dependencies (possibly using the existing build setup in
> cvsdude, which is full of GNU makefiles and GNU sed constructs).
> 3) Build KDE itself.
>
> I was confused by "KDE Build Environment" as if it was about building KDE
> itself (and all of its dependencies). Now that that's cleared up, it makes a
> lot more sense. Does the name "KDE Build Environment" really fit? I mean,
> it's basically a whole bunch of modern build tools you would want anyway.
> What about /opt/gnubuild ?

Yes it seems to be a better name, but not all of those tools are gnu,
therefore I chose kdebld name (it's based on CBE - common build
environment, which have Sun's Gnome guys and installed /opt/jdsbuild).
It just a name.

> Is the intention to specfile the whole thing as one blob, or each part
> individually?

Uff I'm sorry, but I don't understand clearly at this point. Do you
are talking about spec files ???

My plan is:  prepare spec file for all tools/libs in current svn (at
cvsdude). One spec file (stdcxx.spec) per tool/lib (Stdcxx). First i'm
preparing 32bit version and then second 64bit version. Now I have
64bit version for stdcxx and boost. These spec files are located in
SPECS directory.

Luc

P.S. Adriaan, please provide me the naming convenction.

--
Lukas 'Luc' Oboril
IRC nickname: luc^ at freenode

When dealing with people, let us remember we are not dealing with
creatures of logic. We are dealing with creatures of emotions,
creatures bristling with prejudices and motivated by pride and vanity.
  Dale Carnegie