[kde-solaris] KBE 1.0 - Build enviroment for KDE

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Wed Dec 5 11:32:49 CET 2007

On Wednesday 05 December 2007, Lukas Oboril wrote:
> On Dec 5, 2007 3:43 AM, Stefan Teleman <stefan.teleman at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > That doesn't match the naming scheme discussed way long ago, where I
> >
> > /opt/kdebld is the install directory for the build system (KBE), not for
> > KDE.
>
> Yes, KBE is only build system nothing more.

Ah, ok! Then it's much clearer to me:

1) Install KBE so you have all the required build tools.
2) Install KDE dependencies (possibly using the existing build setup in
cvsdude, which is full of GNU makefiles and GNU sed constructs).
3) Build KDE itself.

I was confused by "KDE Build Environment" as if it was about building KDE
itself (and all of its dependencies). Now that that's cleared up, it makes a
lot more sense. Does the name "KDE Build Environment" really fit? I mean,
it's basically a whole bunch of modern build tools you would want anyway.
What about /opt/gnubuild ?

Is the intention to specfile the whole thing as one blob, or each part
individually?

--
These are your friends - Adem
    GPG: FEA2 A3FE Adriaan de Groot