[kde-solaris] unable to get to KDE desktop after logging in

Stefan Teleman steleman at nyc.rr.com
Mon Jun 26 03:13:59 CEST 2006

On Saturday 24 June 2006 09:56, Nilesh Parmar wrote:
> Hello Everybody,
>      I tried to install KDE on my Solaris 10 Ultra Sparc box. I
> followed all the instructions that were described on
> http://solaris.kde.org/instructions.php page. I installed all the
> binary packages and patches as described here. I also managed to
> get "KDE 3.4.332-bit [en_US.UTF-8]" display in the Sessions menu.
>
> However, after I select this, I am unable to get to the KDE
> desktop. I get a blue screen (as described in the installation
> instructions) but after a few seconds I am taken back the  login
> screen. I do not get the Konfigurator as described in the
> instructions.  I however am able to log on to CDE and JDS (which
> were preinstalled). I  do not get any error messages. Everything
> else seems to work on Solaris except the KDE desktop.
>
> I'm not sure what is going wrong. Is there any way to troubleshoot
> this problem ? Any log files that can help me ? I'm not a Solaris
> expert, but I can just work my way through. It would be great if
> anyone can help me troubleshoot this.

Hi.

Sorry for the delay in answering -- i was out of town this weekend and
with no email.

If you can email me privately the log file
in /tmp/${USER}-startkde.out i can probably help.

As Lars suggested, please make sure you have
installed /usr/lib/libsunmath.so.1 if it was not already present on
your system.