[kde-solaris] KDE 3.5.3 build for Solaris 10

Heiko Falk Heiko.Falk at udo.edu
Mon Jul 17 09:00:59 CEST 2006

Hi Stephen,

I didn't publish this KDE 3.5.3 for Solaris yet for some reasons. Firstly,
there are some issues still unsolved (windows glued at the top screen border,
screen locking). Secondly, the KDE I've built so far is tuned to the NFS
directory structures of our department. It wouldn't make sense to generate
Solaris packages since they would result in tons of strange non-default
directories and paths at your site. I'll need to rebuild my KDE 3.5.3
together with the transitive shell of dependent software using 'exportable
and packageable' paths.

If there is some interest out there in the KDE/Solaris community to check this
KDE 3.5.3, I can build the packages right now without further debugging and
publish them. Any feedback esp. about this kwin-window-glue would be highly
appreciated. Just tell me...!			:)

  Heiko

Mail:   Heiko.Falk at udo.edu
WWW:    http://ls12-www.cs.uni-dortmund.de/~falk