[kde-solaris] Bash / KDE / and Clearcase

Shane Ludwig sludwig at xo.com
Fri Jul 14 16:46:11 CEST 2006

On Jul 13, 2006 at 10:30 PM -0400, Stefan Teleman wrote:
> You can tell your "Shell" session to execute /bin/ksh, which will put
> your Shell session into ksh.
>
> You can insert the script you mention above in your .kshrc file (which
> is read by ksh, but not  by bash). The problem is that .profile is
> read by both bash and ksh, which is why it's being sourced from
> startkde (which is a bash script).

Stefan, did you ever come up with anything on why the /etc/profile and
.profile wouldn't be read by Konsole ?

> S10 Update 2 06/06 completely broke KDE 3.4.3 on UltraSPARC, in case
> anyone is interested in upgrading to S10U2 06/06. Broke as in Not
> Usable. On IA32 i have no idea yet, since i can't even install this
> version of Solaris on my AMD box, built with compatible hardware
> according to the Hardware Compatibility List.

One of my coworkers (who always has to be on the bleeding edge) updated
his Ultra 20 workstation from the Solaris 10x86 01/06 release to the 06/06
release last week, and aside from having to reinstall the nvidia drivers
for the graphics card, he's not had any problems.

Shane Ludwig            sludwig at xo.com